Sunday, January 19, 2014

Dimas Melfi


Some days ago, I had the pleasure of tripping on Dimas Melfi's Flickr page and instantly fell in love with his work. It's sad for me that I cannot draw or paint, because I trully love it and really wish I could express myself through it since they're definitely two of my favourite art forms when it comes to visual arts. The thing is, I believe that if I could, this is probably how I'd do it, like Dimas does -- if I was as talented as he is, of course.

 I really felt like we had a lot in common, artistically, so I thought I should suggest some sort of collaboration. As usual, I was set back by my insecurity and shyness. However, that didn't stop me this time. I felt so moved, so inspired, I just knew it had to be done. I took a deep breath and sent him an e-mail. He didn't reply for days, but when he did it felt like magic. Not only we was accepting doing the collaboration, but he was as excited about it as I was. Also, he told me he had been wanting and thinking to do something like this. Everything just felt so right, it was blissful.
 
This collaboration will take some time, of course, even more so because Dimas is on vacation at the moment, so, for now, I'm just thrilled to share some his work with you so that you can dream with me, and I hope you like it as much as I do. :)
 
 

































































With love (and excitement),

Teresa.


(and a lovely) P.S.


3 comments:

  1. I won't find the words to say how happy I am about the whole thing, from what you say about how you felt in the first place to your expectations about our plans.
    I truly don't remember anyone else saying anything like this after meeting my work, I really appreciate it because you made me look at it from your own point of view - that's a treasure to me.
    To know how much you enjoy what I do in such honest words just increases my joy and the anxiety of start working together. I sincerely admire your work too so I could feel how things began to fit since the very first moment we started to talk. I'm glad we can do it day by day because I can feel how what we have in hands grows - as I already told you, I've been thinking a lot and even collecting things for us during my vacation time.
    I'm delighted we met each other, I can feel we share a lot in common too - that's why I didn't hesitate to say yes to your proposal.
    I look forward to come back home to start making things for us - nevertheless you already know I'm doing what I can on the road.
    Thanks for this and for all the past, current and future inspiration ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I'm the one left speechless.
      You're the sweetest. <3

      Delete
  2. Aw, but that's exactly what I think you are!

    ReplyDelete